1. IUBAT—International University of Business Agriculture and Technology, the only higher education institute in Bangladesh which provides courses on Organic Farming under its Sustainable Agriculture curriculum of the College of Agricultural Sciences. The university has a green campus with a nice organic garden. Within the campus, use of chemical pesticides and aerosols are totally banned. Biomass recycling from the wastes, sustainable use of water, energy and stationery are strictly practiced here. The university campus is located only 5 km away from the Dhaka Shahjalal International Airport and it stands on the bank of the River Turag. The campus is in suburban area with a lovely scenic beauty. Specialized experts can provide lessons about the habit and habitat of flora and fauna of tropical monsoon climatic regions of Bangladesh. The University campus has a nice atmosphere and is the headquarters of WWOOF Bangladesh. IUBAT
2. Mr. Matinur Rahman
Insaf Agro is a large big home-centered organic farm at Boalmari, Faridpur. It is just near the largest Padma Bridge, only three hours journey from Dhaka. Other than homestead farming, it is producing organic vegetables, fruits, spices, rice, banana and jutefibre. Three large ponds with fishes; several milking cows, goats, chicken, ducks and pigeons are reared. The farm is very near to Faridpur city. The village has more than two hundred farmers who are farming at their homesteads which are very rich with multiple cropping cultures and all are organic. WWOOFers are enjoying the site, especially the mighty river Padma, the downstream of the great Ganges.
3. Mr. Lutfat Rahman a patron of organic farming and a former tea planter has a beautiful bungalow with a nice homestead organic farm producing organic tree fruits and vegetables. His farm is located at Kapasia 45 km away from the capital Dhaka. The village has 30 farmers who are all doing organic farming at their homesteads which are very rich with multiple cropping cultures and all are organic. The village is close to the river Sitalaska. From Dhaka, one can easily reach there by road and waterways.
4. Mr. Noor M Babul, a high school teacher as well as an organic farmer. The farm is 140 km away from the capital Dhaka and 40 km away from Bangladesh Agricultural University at Mymensingh. Very densely populated (4,500 /km²) village with warm hearted people. More than 100 farmers are doing organic farming especially in the homesteads. For field cultivation, they use traditional bull-plough. Pure and fresh milk from the domestic cows is available. One can try milking cows. Most of the farmers have large ponds for organic fish farming and aquaculture.
5. Dr Mokbul Hossain has a large homestead organic farm at Natore, especially for producing very sweet mangoes. There is a forest grove with mahogany providing a nice shelter for birds. Some very nutritious fruits like wood apple, jackfruits and tamarind etc. are produced there. The farm is about 230 km away from Dhaka and 25 km from the district head quarter Natore which is a historically important city and also called “City of Ponds and Jamindars(Landlords)?
6. Mr Kazi M Shafiqul Islam has a very big homestead organic farm at Mangalkata, 50 km away from Sylhet city, producing organic vegetables, fruits and spices. Large pond with fishes, several milking cows, chicken, ducks and pigeons are reared. The Garo Hills are only 3 km from Mangalkata and the great lake Tangoir Haor (400 km²) is only 7 km away from the farm. One can drive through by country boat and can enjoy the scenic beauty Tangoir Haor and also the foothills of Eastern Himalayas.
7. Mr. Enamul Kabir
Hafez Masum Billah has a very big homestead organic farm at Pirojpur. Its name is MASUM AGRICULTURAL VILLAGE. His farm is located beside the Dhaka-Pirojpur high way. This firm is producing organic vegetables, fruits and spices. Six large ponds with 20 items of fishes, several milking cows, chicken, ducks and pigeons are reared. The farm is about 198 km away from Dhaka, 55 km away from Barishal city. The Shat Gambuj Mosque and Khan Jahan Ali Mazar are only 20 km and Sundarban (largest mangrove forest of the world) is only 55 km away from the farm. The village has 100 plus farmers who are farming at their homesteads which are very rich with multiple cropping cultures and all are organic. From Dhaka, one can easily reach there by road and waterways.
8. Sarwar Jahan
Sonali Agro & Fish
It is a multipurpose Agro & Fish Farm located in Feni. 135 KM From Dhaka towards Southeast. The Bay of Bengal is only 48 km from the Feni.